Saturday, August 23, 2014

What happens in Vegas...

I took my first trip to Las Vegas this summer. Jacob had been a few times with friends, but I had never visited. It was definitely a place of glitz, glamour, and extremely short cocktail dresses. We spent time both on the strip and visiting Niki and Sean.


Bellagio Fountain Show

We went and saw "Le Reve-The Dream" which was a show created by the director of Cirque du Soleil. It was honestly the most incredible performance of dancing, synchronized swimming, and athleticism that I have ever seen. The story that was told was both captivating and hauntingly beautiful. We weren't allowed to take pictures during the performance so I found a few online.

 




Vdara Hotel. Beautiful rooms and the breakfasts are to die for!

Pastry shop at the Bellagio



In N Out Burger


canoe sculpture
We wanted to eat dinner at Caesar's Palace Buffet before we went to the "Love-The Beatles" Cirque du Soleil show, but we didn't have time. So Sean ended up suggesting a restaurant called Mesa Grill which wound up being one of the best restaurants we've ever eaten at. The food was vibrant and flavorful and we loved every bite. It wasn't until afterward that I realized it was one of Bobby Flay's restaurants.
Sean, Niki, Jacob


I ordered sea bass with a sweet corn succotash
Jacob ordered a New York Strip steak that was arguably the best steak we've ever eaten

I didn't think I liked flan until I became more acquainted with it over dinner that night. Turns out it's amazing and we're now the best of friends.

After the show
They were also very strict about their no picture policy here...so I found some images online. Although I like "Le Rev" more, this show was also very entertaining and fun!


In my 27 years of existence this is literally the BEST breakfast I've ever had. "The artisan" at the Vdara Hotel has artisan bread with olive oil, warm brie, French ham, watercress, 2 over easy eggs, and a hollandaise sauce that's so good it should be illegal. It may not look like much, but just wait until you taste it!
Hiking at Red Rock Canyon. Gorgeous!


Saw these donkeys and thought they were so beautiful

A hot day for hiking

Beautiful scenery









No comments:

Post a Comment