Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Guest Bedroom Makeover


This summer I re-designed our living room and guest bedroom. My friend Kara helped me paint the guest bedroom. We stenciled every damask motif by hand, each only having half of a stencil (the stencil came in halves). The stenciling took 12+ hours. I think it was well worth it though. I'm in love with that room now!

Luckily I had Kara to help measure and make the coordinates for each stencil in order for them to be perfectly aligned
and spaced. If there's one person who will put the effort and time into getting something perfect, it's Kara!
Taping off the sections to be painted (the worst part....or so we thought).
Wait...nevermind. 10 hrs of hand stenciling half  of a design at a time was definitely worse! 
The plus side was that Bella kept us company while we painted. I found her lying on this pencil and Kara and I thought it was hilarious. My little feline professor! We still joke about it to this day.

Almost done...

When we removed the tape we were so excited to see the end result!

Decorated and finished. Don't mind the wrinkled sheets and pillow cases.


Mirrored mosaic I found at Pier One Imports.


It's all in the details.




Beautiful beaded pillow from Bed Bath and Beyond

The upholstery colors and metallic tacks in this chair matched  the room so well! I'm fairly certain it was fate.

My partner in crime!

No comments:

Post a Comment