Friday, October 28, 2011

Happy Halloween

For Halloween this year we got together with our friends Cameron and Kara and carved pumpkins, roasted pumpkin seeds, and watched a scary movie.
Getting the dirty work done. I think we all forgot how odorous and labor intensive carving pumpkins really is.
From left to right: Kara (grim reaper), Cameron (classic jack-o-lantern), Jacob (angry bird character), Robin (king pig character)

Kara, Jacob, and me
Jacob dressed up as Waldo (Where's Waldo) for work and for our ward Halloween party. Unfortunately, it seems as though  kids nowadays do not know who Waldo is. He got asked a few times if he was Santa Clause.
My costume is hard to see in the dark. I was dressed as a raven. I had black feather wings, and feathers on my arms and in my hair. I also attempted to make a beak but was unsuccessful. I had a fun costume planned out for this year but couldn't find one component that I needed. So this was my last resort. I suppose there's always next year.
We invited our neighbors and their kids to the ward party. They are huge Greenbay Packer fans.
These were my favorite costumes at the ward party. My friend Abby and her whole family dressed up as Emorites from the UAE. They acquired clothing from a recent visit to Abu Dhabi. Even her husband and little daughter had outfits on.


No comments:

Post a Comment