Sunday, July 4, 2010

Dad and Mom's Visit to Minnesota


My parents came to visit us this summer. Since this was their very first trip to Minnesota, we of course, had to go site-seeing.

Ferry ride on the Mississippi


My favorite part was the lock system in which the ferry was able to move from a higher
 to a lower level (or vice versa) by raising or lowering the water levels. It was fun to
watch  the Ferry start to rise in the lock!




Lolas Lakehouse (restaurant on Lake Waconia).
Since my parents visited over the 4th of July, we went to the beach on the lake to 
watch  the fireworks. I just love this picture mdad took as the sun was going down!
Breakfast I made for mom and dad.
This is my favorite picture (taken by my dad) of a little church near our house. 
It so reminds me of the Robert  Frost poem with the "two roads diverging" and all.
We went to visit the Minneapolis Institute of Arts Museum. There were so many amazing things there!

 Buddah Statue

Beautiful hand-carved wall 
Picasso art piece 
And my mom is standing next to an original Monet.

We drove down to Rochester one day to meet up with Jolene, Kurtis, and the kids.
Kurtis was nice enough to take us to the original Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN and give us a tour. 


Kurtis, Caleb, Porter, & Hannah
The architectural details were really neat

No comments:

Post a Comment