Friday, April 12, 2013

Courtside Seats

Jacob and I were lucky enough to get courtside tickets to a recent Timberwolves NBA game. I never dreamed I'd be sitting so close to the players. It was absolutely amazing! The tickets were regularly $750 each but we cut a deal to get them for $150 each. It was unforgettable! We even got to sit in the "Lexus Lounge" and get free dinner and drinks. Probably a once in a lifetime thing, but well worth it!

Before the game
Luke Ridnour
One my personal favorites. His middle name is even "Robin."
Barea, Gelabale, Pekovic, and Shved
I swear Gelebale and Pek were looking right at me while I took this!
Pekovic "The Godfather" is just as huge in person. 6'11'' and 291 lbs.
Ricky Rubio
The Spaniard is a Timberwolves fan favorite
Andrei Kirilenko
"A.K. 47"
Glad he left the Jazz to join us!
Ricky sitting on the courtside table eating candy before the game.
Sometimes you just meet people and instantly click with them. At the game we met the most
amazing person, David Sherman,the Timberwolves NBA photographer. He is such a kind and
charasmatic person. He is also a well-known photographer and has even covered some of the
NBA all-star games. He sat in front of us on the floor and after the game, when we asked
if he would take our picture, he brought us to center court, moved other people out of the
way, and took our picture. We felt like celebrities on the red carpet.
We recorded the game at home and even saw that we made it on TV. Jacob's
 in the blue t-shirt on the right and I'm in the grey jacket.
Closer shot

1 comment: