Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas and New Years

This Christmas was pretty uneventful. It was the first Christmas I had to work, so by the time I got home, I was exhausted. For Christmas Eve, Jacob and I found a Chinese restaurant 15 minutes away to eat at. When all other stores and businesses in town are closed, including Target, Walgreens, and the local grocery store, you can always count on the Chinese to keep their restaurants open right before Christmas. The restaurant ended up being a take-out type of place, which meant Jacob and I ate our food in an abandoned parking lot in the car. Ideal? No. Memorable? Yes.


After getting home from work on Christmas, Jacob and I opened gifts and stockings together. We figured we had spend most of our money and fun in Costa Rica, so we didn't mind.When New Years came around we had a blast. We invited the Reeds and the Haines over to eat food and play games. Jolene even bought silly string and party supplies to help ring in the new year!
Me and Jolene

Hannah and Caleb
When they came to visit, Hannah made me the most adorable letter. Although this is just one of many she's made me, I had to take a photo of this one to keep. I still have the picture hanging on my refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment