Saturday, December 11, 2010

Oh the weather outside is frightful!!!

This is what you call a rough winter. You almost need to hollow out a Buffalo and climb inside to avoid dying when outdoors. There has been so much snow that Jacob's work party was cancelled, our ward Christmas party was cancelled, and church the following day was cancelled. It's on days like these that you sit inside, play games, build gingerbread houses, and sip hot cocoa.

Yesterday and today's snowfall total ended up bringing us 21'' of snow! The weatherman said 
we've already experienced 2/3 of the average snowfall for winter in Minnesota and winter 
doesn't even start for another week and half!
Poor Jacob has had to shovel the driveway several times already. I try to help, but I don't seem to 
make very much progress. The other day I shoveled the driveway in order to have it clear by the time
Jacob got home from work. I really wanted to surprise him and I was so proud of the work I had done 
because the snow was so deep! Unfortunately, when Jacob came home, he put on his snow gear to go 
outside to shovel. He couldn't even tell that I had done anything! 

Since church was cancelled, we spent Sunday at our neighbors (the Damiano's) house
decorating gingerbread houses and watching Elf.


Little susie loves having her picture taken with me, but always closes her eyes because
she doesn't like the flash. This was the best picture I could get. At least she's smiling in this one!







No comments:

Post a Comment